Man uses new app to catch wife 'cheating' - Oddetorium

Updated Celebrities, News And Events

Hot

Post Top Ad

Monday 17 October 2011

Man uses new app to catch wife 'cheating'


Man uses new app to catch wife 'cheating'


he Apple iOS 5 Find My Friends app seems to have been instrumental in catching a cheating wife, as the app was activated by a suspicious husband hoping to catch her in the act.

We say in the act, although Find My Friends doesn't utilise the iPhone's camera in any way, but it helped locate said wife in a place she said she wasn't.An extract from the suspicious husband on the 9to5Mac forum follows:

"I got my wife a new 4s and loaded up find my friends without her knowing. She told me she was at her friends house in the east village. I've had suspicions about her meeting this guy who lives uptown. Lo and behold, Find my Friends has her right there.

"I just texted her asking where she was and the dumb b!otch said she was on 10th Street!! Thank you Apple, thank you App Store, thank you all. These beautiful treasure trove of screen shots going to play well when I meet her a$$ at the lawyer's office in a few weeks.

So there you go, another marriage bites the dust. However, the scenario does raise interesting questions regarding privacy; it's not that there aren't similar services available, Google Latitude has been around for an age, but as with everything with the "i" prefix, having Apple involved will no doubt make GPS location trendy. More people using Find My Friends will possibly mean more scenarios not unlike the one above.



© copyright Pocket-lint 2011
Source: Yahoo

Post Top Ad