Best Travel Playlist - Oddetorium

Updated Celebrities, News And Events

Hot

Post Top Ad

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Best Travel Playlist

Best Travel Playlist

Travel Playlist
Travel Playlist. A Playlist for the Road. I am a fan of the themed music playlist. Alas the days of the mix tape are in the technological past, though I don’t miss lugging my Case Logic bag of tapes onto the plane. I have been working for over two years on the perfect 80s mix, which is now almost three hours of classic 80s tunes (leading off, of course, with a-ha’s Take On Me). Now my focusing is shifting to a new playlist composed entirely of travel songs – a mix to listen to while traveling, all about traveling.
Here’s what I have so far:

  • This Time Tomorrow by The Kinks – A song all about being on a plane and thinking about where you’re going and where you’ve been.

  • Man in a Suitcase by The Police – A song about rare musical topic of business travel.
  • Cuanto Le Gusta by The Andrews Sisters with Carmen Miranda – All about the fun of travel. My favorite line: I’ll take the goat!
  • I’ve Been Everywhere by Johnny Cash – The longest list of destinations I have ever heard in a song. He’s not lying about having been everywhere.
  • San Tropez by Pink Floyd – The perfect song about being lazy on a beach vacation.
  • Divorce Song by Liz Phair – A sad, but great, song about a road trip.
  • Singapore by Tom Waits – Tom Waits’ idea of a cruise. Scary? Yes.
  • Travellin’ All Alone by Billie Holiday – Less melancholy than you’d think. A sweet tune.
  • On the Road Again by Willie Nelson – A classic.
  • Route 66 by Depeche Mode – There’s many a version of Route 66 out there, but this is my favorite because of the great sampling.
  • It’s Nice to Go Trav’ling by Frank Sinatra – Because getting home and sharing a pizza is sometimes equally nice.
Source: travelblog

Post Top Ad